TGIF! The Choices/TeenBeing team has rounded up our picks for the best of this week’s web.
1. Remember The Little Engine That Could? “I think I can! I think I can!” Well, a new study has revealed that this mantra actually works when it comes to exercising. The study says that positive self-talk during a workout can actually improve your endurance and keep you going longer.
2. The Food and Drug Administration has begun the process of banning the use of artificial trans fats in our food. Unless food companies can prove otherwise, the administration plans to declare the dangerous, chemically altered fats as no longer safe for consumption. Doctors on board with the plan say that it will save in health care costs and lower the rate of heart attacks. We’re with you on this one, guys!
3. We know this is the third year in a row Jimmy Kimmel has asked parents to do this, but we just had to share his most recent video of the adorable, sometimes a bit unsettling, reactions kids have to finding out their parents ate all of their Halloween candy.
4. And apparently Jimmy Kimmel was busy this week! We also loved this little boy that gave the talk show host a geography lesson on his own show.
5. Scientists and researchers make discoveries every day – but did you know that they’re still discovering parts of the human body? Just this week, Belgian researchers found a previously unknown ligament in the human knee. The more you know!
Did we miss anything this week? Share your faves with us in the comments below!